Anchorage, Alaska, August 5 to 7, 2011


We spent a few days shopping in Anchorage. It is brisk here, like late September...quite a change from the unusually hot 90 degree weather we had back in Pittsburgh! I had to get a new driver's license in downtown Anchorage, and as I was passing a bronze plaque I realized I am OLDER than the state of Alaska :(






Welcome sign for soldiers at the airport...the Airborne insignia reminded me of you, RJ!



I really like this moose sculpture!





They actually sell plastic pans to pan for gold in the stores here...made in Taiwan, of course.










The first dusting of snow on the mountains...a sure sign that summer is almost over.






The school district rented a house for us instead of hotel rooms, and this was my room on the left.


The stuff in the van is NOT all mine, but this is what it is like to shop when you work in the bush and need supplies for at least 5 months!





























We ate dinner at the Moose's Tooth Pub & Pizzeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment