Bike Hike September 23, 2011

Every day that I go biking, I can go a little further. This time I made it out of Newhalen to the Iliamna Post Office intersection. I think it's about two and a half miles each way, which is good for me!




This sign needs repainted!















You can see the low bush blueberries on the tundra. They are right next to the ground. We picked some and froze them for the winter. You can also see a tiny evergreen just starting to grow. The leaves are all turning colors on the tundra.









Most trees are evergreens, but there are a few birch, too. We are on the borderline of two ecosystems here, so we have a unique area.











You can see the mountains across the lake. It is breathtakingly scenic here.





This is the Nilovena Subregional Clinic, located right across the street from the post office. Roadhouse Mountain is in the background ... notice that it has no snow on it...yet.






No comments:

Post a Comment