Newhalen, August 12, 2011

Flying into Newhalen, you can see Lake Ilamna in the distance.
 This is my first day in the village.
A view of part of the village of Newhalen from the air.

The steps lead up to my apartment and the school is to the left.
 The steps have diamond steel grates, which is a good idea.
Here is all the stuff I mailed to myself.

I unpacked all of these in one day!
 I was exhausted after all that work!
My kitchen

The bedroom

The bedroom is also my living room.

My closet

The bathroom
By the end of the day I was so exhausted, and I realized I didn't have any shower hooks for the shower curtain.  The bathtub was really grungy and I was too tired to scrub it, so I came up with a perfect plan (or so I thought).  I hung the shower curtain over the rod and put a bucket in the tub to stand in. All was well until I stepped into the bucket and it was wobbly.  I grabbed the shower curtain for balance, and it came down with the water spraying everywhere! Good thing the last tenant left some towels there!
Also the bathroom

My first meal in my new apartment: beef, brown rice, and salad.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice Ma, especially the shower fiasco!!

    ReplyDelete